Monday, December 27, 2010

Fuji FinePix XP10

I got this camera for Christmas. I did all sorts of review reading and research to decide where the price/performance sweet spot was for a water & shock-proof camera. I love love love my G11, but I'm afraid of hurting it when I take it sailing and climbing, and as a consequence... I don't. So I wanted a small competent little rugged camera. Everything seemed to indicate the Fuji XP10 was going to be it. Unfortunately after three days of testing I'm sorely disappointed and it's going back. Its low light performance is horrendous. In bright conditions its focus, sharpness and color reproduction are embarrassing. My Samsung Vibrant's 5MP camera takes better photos both inside in low light and outside in bright light. I'm depressed.

2 comments:

FlyingDog said...

I bought an underwater housing unit for my G9 for$ 160 back when the G9 was new. See if there's one for the G11- it's a great camera.

Terroar said...

That is a really good idea! I'll look into it. Dan's suggestion was to get a helmet cam, which is a fine idea, except that's not usually the perspective I'm trying to capture...