Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mountain Hardwear Clouds' Rest Sleeping bag

Last fall, as I was starting my three month dirtbagging phase, I decided two things absolutely had to be replaced: my sleeping bag, and my backpack. I replaced my North Face Aleutian synthetic bag, with a down bag I found at Wilson's in Bishop on discount, the Mountain Hardwear Clouds' Rest. Fatefully, this was a day before I hit Yosemite National Park and backpacked to 6 miles short of the peak of the same name: Clouds' Rest. This 5 degree sleeping bag has basically changed my outdoor life. I can now boldly go where I would not have previously gone, secure that I will not freeze my butt off. There is apparently a womens' version, which mine is not, but, as those tend to be short and narrow for me, I'm somewhat grateful to have the black and red men's version. My feet stay warm, I can sneak my shoulders out, or snuggle in, as I prefer, and it's soooo soft. Now that it's summer, I've taken to leaving my tent behind and just sleeping in the bag, and I still tend to leave it unzipped, because it really is HOT!

No comments: