Monday, April 20, 2009

Peachy Canyon Zinfandel

Peachy Canyon's Merlot has the distinction of having been the only bottle of wine I've lugged across the Atlantic to enjoy with my parents. You can't get that Merlot at TJ's anymore, but you can get a red blend for not a lot of money, which is good with food, and I think there's a Syrah floating around for a bit more. So I was at Ralph's instead of TJ's the other night, and I'd had a night of bad wine the night before, and a night of awesome wine a few nights before that, and I had reached the conclusion that I may be developing a dislike for sub-$10 wine (this spells huge trouble, but I'll worry the issue in another post). Looking for something going for a little more, I picked up a Peachy Canyon Zin. It did not disappoint. This Zin has not a hint of acidity, so it can be had alone in large quantities, and it is fragrant. The taste alters a little bit in the mouth after a while, but nothing weird happens to it. In my experience it keeps well for a few days, to boot. I loved it.

No comments: