Friday, July 18, 2008

AT&T (ass, tit & tit)

... because AT&T couldn't possibly be an acronym in any way related to anything technological.

I had the worst day today, in large part due to AT&T. I found out the SLO store had iPhone 3G's, so I headed up there, and landed the last 8GB box. Went through the whole shindig of divulging every piece of personal information you could imagine, got approved, but porting my number from T-Mobile threw an incomprehensible error. Got bumped up to the store's trouble-shooter, who got on the phone with AT&T. At AT&T nobody could figure out why the porting was glitching or what the error messages meant -- this last one I forgive them, I couldn't understand them either. Fine, so after 20 minutes of mumbling on the phone with AT&T, it's time to cancel the port request and try putting it in again. So we cancel it. But then the request can't be put in again, because that phone, the actual device, is now in the system (I assume the fact that the IMEI was attached to the previous request means now this phone appears to be activated), AND there are no more phones left. So, get this: they offer to take my name and number and call me when they get a new one. *chortle*

To recap: 100 mile trip, find iPhone, 3 apple employees and 2 AT&T employees on the phone, and they can't port my fucking number and sell me a fucking iPhone. Yeah.

No comments: