Thursday, April 3, 2008

Point Break

BoingBoing has been doing a series of videos about a fictional French-German action-hero wannabe called Klaus Pierre. This Klaus Pierre dude is supposed to have come to LA because he wants to be America's next big action hero, and starts his quest by auditioning for a role as Keanu Reeves' character in Point Break ... which brings me to my post. Point Break was recently added to Hulu, so I had the opportunity to watch it a couple nights ago, and I really enjoyed it. Keanu has undoubtedly improved as an actor since, but Patrick Swayze was absolutely on top of his game at the time of this movie. The places, the atmosphere, the themes, they all made sense, and Isham's music was, as usual, fantastic. I especially liked the night surfing scenes, because they were really authentic as far as capturing the feel of a SoCal beach at night.

No comments: