Monday, April 28, 2008

Fussili and wine

Several points...
One: Schockingschadenfreude, you ass, why do you not live where I live so I could have invited you to dinner tonight?

Two: Fucking fussili. My mom was addicted to them, and as a kid I really didn't get it, but I think I'm beginning to. Tonight's dish: baked fussili with tomatoes, onion, super-hooper-dooper organic asparagus (*perfect* thickness stalks, thank you very much), black olives, capers, button mushrooms, olive oil and fancy black pepper, and crumbled feta on top. Basically what was in the fridge, minus the leeks which I'm saving for a frittata with turkey bacon -- to die for. Holy crap, is it good! And it's going to be better tomorrow. How do I know? My mom's fussili creations, which I positively dreaded as a kid, were always better the next day, after the tomato had lost its zing and the rest of the flavors (always black olives, always!) had melted together.

Three: Fucking Rex Goliath Pinot Noir! Total bullshit by itself, awesome, I mean epic, with a mediterranean dish.

Clearly I've had, like, half a bottle of the stuff :-)

3 comments:

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

Recipe?

Terroar said...

Oh come on! You can figure it out. Half-boil the fussili; put them in a baking implement with a cover along with everything but the feta; jumble everything real good; bake the stuff; when it looks good, take the cover off, sprinkle with the feta, bake 10 minutes more. Done. I mean, this is home cookin'... You throw some shit together and cook it, the ingredients do the work for you.

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

Of course, I could figure it out.

I just wanted you to guest blog for me. :-P