Saturday, February 23, 2008

Peachy Canyon 2005 Zinfandel

This is the "Incredible Red", as the bottle goes...
I really really love Peachy Canyon's Merlot. In fact, that's the wine I brought back to Greece a couple Christmases ago, so my family could try a California wine, and we all loved it. So, naturally, I decided to try the Zin, and I wasn't disappointed. It's really sort of thin, which I think American wines are in general afraid to be, even if it's true to form, and very peppery. It went exceptionally well with a dish I made the other night: brown rice rotini, with shrimp, roasted red pepper, capers, lots of garlic and black pepper.

2 comments:

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

Oooh, how about a recipe? :-)

Terroar said...

Honestly, it's the Joy of cooking recipe with just a couple modifications:
* twice the garlic
* half the red roasted peppers
* capers instead of olives
* rotini instead of penne
Sorry to disappoint. But it tasted amazing!