Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blind Dog Midnight Run Cuvee

This Paso Robles red nearly didn't make it home with me (from Lazy Acres) because I don't like gimmicky labels (e.g. the "jarhead" wine also at Lazy -- leave your politics out of my wine!). However I was really really glad I took it home, as it turned out to be one of my favorite ~$15 wines I've tasted. It's the kind of sunshiny, jammy red that I like and Dan doesn't. I have to agree that such a wine has its place, and that it lacks the gravitas that one sometimes chooses a drier or more tannic wine for. But this one was fun and simple and easy to drink, a bit like fruit juice, so it gets high marks from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is paying homage to the Marine Corps and providing educational assistance to the children and families of fallen Marines considered "political"? Put down the leftist Kool-aid, pick have a nice syrah and chill out.