Thursday, January 14, 2010

2004 Rosenblum Santa Barbara Syrah

O'B brought this bottle as a housewarming present, and just by the way he presented it I figured I should set it aside and try it later. So we opened it last night to accompany my Greek chicken (which turned out badly, for various reasons) and we were blown away. This wine reminds me of the Longmorn Scotch that made me rethink Scotch. It is very smokey and extremely smooth, just like the Longmorn. The color is a very dark purple, and it's got quite a bit of sediment. It has a lot of ripe dark berry taste, in a good way. I drank half the bottle and didn't even notice it. The next day it was as if it had never happened.

1 comment:

Terroar said...

Incidentally, the one step down Rosenblum (I think) California Syrah is surprisingly good for its price. I don't know how much the SB one goes for, so I cannot compare, but the non-single-source one is not bad at sub-$10!