Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Estancia 2007 and Blue Fin 2008 Pinot Noirs

I cracked the Estancia 2007 Pinot Noir a couple weeks ago, and I've been having a glass of the stuff with dinner since. I've tried it with pasta, shrimp, salad, chicken, you name it. It hasn't disappointed me. Half a glass was left when I walked in to my apartment just now...

... and decided to open a new bottle of wine: the 2008 Blue Fin Pinot Noir, which is a Trader Joe's brand. This stuff is crap: the color is pale, it's watery, and it's sour. So I poured the remaining glass of two-week old Estancia to compare it to. Side-by-side, two weeks old, the Estancia beat the pants off the Fin. The Estancia is nearly opaque, has an aroma, and, after two weeks, you still want to sip it. Not that it's my favorite Pinot Noir, but it is solid.

No comments: