Saturday, June 13, 2009

2004 Blair Fox Syrah

I had this wine a little over a year ago, when Dima brought it to wine night. I liked it then, but I've had a lot of wine between then and now. I wanted a super nice bottle to share with Dan last night, and I was going to default to the 2006 Stolpman Syrah, but Lazy Acres had raised the price to $46 (gasp!) and that seemed insane. Note to self: find a case of the Stolpman and hoard it. In the meantime I saw the Blair Fox was $30, which is how much I'd intended to spend in the first place, so I picked that up. I gathered from Dima that the Blair Fox is very highly regarded. Wine advocate gave it a 90, apparently. I like it a lot. No, I love it! I paired it with Greek roast chicken and potatoes, but frankly this wine is a meal in an of itself. Oh the opacity! Oh the legs! Oh the soil! You can really taste the soil in this wine. It was incredible.

No comments: