Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Quantum of Solace

I was very excited to see this film, and in the end it let me down. Daniel Craig was absolutely brilliant in the previous edition, so I had high hopes for this one, but it fell flat for me. The plot was ludicrously simple, the directing was simplistic, the scenes really fragmented, almost to the point where I found myself dissecting the movie into segments and working out the logistics of filming them... The locations were cool, but not enough was done with that. The Bond girl was fantastic, but that was about the highlight of the film. M was quite reasonable, too.

1 comment:

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

OK, I went in with very low expectations given the reviews and the comments, and the movie exceeded my, admittedly low, expectations.

I don't know what people are complaining about. It was entertaining, not as good as the first one but fun.